Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking of doing that exact thing, i even found one on ebay that has already been "pushed" for very close to my weight. it is going on a diamondback xts 3. it came stock with a 6.5" rockshox deluxe(crap). anyone think a 7.875" fox anything(float or vanilla) will fit? and can i just compress the shock a bit apon mounting? please help...thanks

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
adens13 said:
i was thinking of doing that exact thing, i even found one on ebay that has already been "pushed" for very close to my weight. it is going on a diamondback xts 3. it came stock with a 6.5" rockshox deluxe(crap). anyone think a 7.875" fox anything(float or vanilla) will fit? and can i just compress the shock a bit apon mounting? please help...thanks
No, that won't work. It'll screw everything up, geometry, leverage ratios, your rear tire will probably hit the seat tube, possibly crack your frame from increased leverage. Don't even entertain the thought.

Get a Manitou Swinger 3way coil. You can get them for under 300 new and will blow away a Fox. Or even an old Fox Vanilla will be better than the RockShox.

Stick with correct i2i and stroke lengths...

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You can pretty much find any shock you want in varying iui lengths, just check the manufacturers site if you're unsure they list the different lengths available.

adens13 said:
i figured that might be the case, a manitou swinger 3-way is 6.5" i2i? also, do they make the vanilla in 6.5? thanks for the advice

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.