Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wheel (new) with a DT 350 hub and a Shimano 11 speed freehub body on it. I have a stock wheel from a 2017 Scott Spark 930 that has a Syncros 3.0 hub on it with an XD driver. I'm purchasing a new bike and need the XD driver to go onto the DT 350 hub. My understanding is that Syncros uses DT internals. Can I simply swap the freehub bodies?

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,884 Posts
No clue. That sounds like a question for Syncros, or DT Swiss. Give them a call.

Or just pull off the XD driver and plug it into the 350 and see what happens.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Yeah. If I had both wheels on hand I'd pull off the drivers and look at them. It's usually pretty obvious if they're exchangeable. Some (DT IIRC) use different drive side axle caps with the different drivers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some more internet research. Syncros website says the hub uses DT star ratchet mech. If both drivers use star ratchets then I think I can just swap them? Hoping the end cap from the Syncros hub will go onto the DT hub with the XD and I'll be done with it?

I'll reply here after looking at it all this weekend. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Without thinking too hard about it or having anything on hand to verify I would think it would be a quick and easy swap seeing as both are star ratchet. I could be wrong but I think as long as you're talking the same speed cassette (12 speed to 12 speed for instance) and boost to boost, etc the end caps are the same. You'd only run into an issue trying to use an 11 speed end cap on a 12 speed driver body or a non-boost end cap on a boost setup I believe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.