Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question, I bought a 2014 trek X-Caliber 8. Will I be able to ride every trail at freedom park? Do I have to avoid the jumps? Does any one here have experience riding a hard tail at freedom park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have ridden a handrail there a few times. None of the trails require a dual squish. Actually I prefer a handrail on them.

But i have avoided the bigger jumps. But i would avoid them regardless of the type of bike I brought. Just not my thing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Simple question, I bought a 2014 trek X-Caliber 8. Will I be able to ride every trail at freedom park? Do I have to avoid the jumps?
Yep, that's actually a perfect bike for the trails at Freedom. There are more xc trails than jumps at Freedom. I wouldn't take a hard tail 29er off of the larger drops just for the sake of preserving my bike and body...but can the bike handle them? Absolutely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I didn't want to take my baby out there and ruin her. By the sounds of it, I just need to stay off all the suicidal looking jumps and I'll be ok.

One more question. Would this track be a good place to practice with clipless pedals? I'm thinking about picking up some m540's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yup, I road a Diamondbak 29 overdrive pro out there for a good while. Did most of the stuff except the large Big Easy drop and the monster table. I'd say 75% of it can be done on that bike...just hold on!

Also, anywhere is a great spot to try pedals in my opinion, but I would avoid the skinnies and drops/jumps with the new clips.

You'll have a blast there man. Do C first, A/B...that's all I ever ride there. New quarter will be fun for you on that bike also.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I live in Williamsburg and ride Freedom 2-3 times/week on my hardtail (Yelli Screamy) when the weather is nice. I don't do the bigger jumps, but the rest of C is not a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts