Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
ha!

i went ahead and pulled the trigger. no, i don't actually expect that they'll be free, but let's see what they do about it...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do they legally have to honor the orders that get placed? I'm guessing they're going to just cancel the orders, but it's worth a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/index.php?category=3355#PriceErrors

Price Errors

From time to time we will make a mistake on the price of an item on our website. If you place an order for an item which is not correctly priced we will contact you before we process and ship your order. We will usually offer some discount on the item for your inconvenience. We accept no obligation to honor obvious mispriced items.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Disco Stu said:
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/index.php?category=3355#PriceErrors

Price Errors

From time to time we will make a mistake on the price of an item on our website. If you place an order for an item which is not correctly priced we will contact you before we process and ship your order. We will usually offer some discount on the item for your inconvenience. We accept no obligation to honor obvious mispriced items.
damn just when I thought I was getting a deal, now I have to cancel my order

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
xcqckng said:
how to cancel the order? pls advice thanks
their site says if they make a pricing mistake they will contact you prior to processing and let you know the total with the adjusted price, so when I get my call or email I will see what they will do and probably cancel my order

"If you place an order for an item which is not correctly priced we will contact you before we process and ship your order. We will usually offer some discount on the item for your inconvenience."

I work at a shop so I know they won't offer me a better deal than what I can get so I will just ask to cancel my order.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just got my email from them telling me they fixed the price and I can reorder if I want.. Damn I was really hoping they wouldn't catch it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Error

We experienced a technical error on our website for these shifters. I apologize for this error. I will contact every person that has placed an order for these shifters to resolve the issue. We will always continue to provide the best service we can and share our passion for riding. Thanks for everyones understanding.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yup...mine got canceled too. but they gave me a 20% off coupon code in the cancellation email as an apology. it's tied to my account with them, so not something that i think would do any of you any good.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
BkNYC said:
Now the have them for $275.00 .. Jenson got them for $250 and free shipping and you can get them for half of that on Ebay or $150 from CRC .. that is a BIG price difference ..
With their constant 10% coupon the price is $247 and if you order something else to get the total above $300 then you can use the 15% coupon and get them for $233.

I would say that Universal's pricing is basically average and they don't do many blowout deals, but they usually have all the new stuff in stock, their website is very detailed, and their coupons make me want to spend too much at once, lol. A big positive for me is how close they are to me, making shipping cheaper and quicker. If I lived on the other coast then I think Speedgoat would get most of my business

·
Registered
102 Posts
boomn - i thing that when it comes to Shimano parts UK will be the best choice.. ooo and HOPE too .. UK have some sweet deals on them .. just gatta pic the good day for the US dollar to be strong :) That is how i got HOPE V2 from CRC .. $242 with vented rotor and in US try 360+ USD ..

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
BkNYC said:
boomn - i thing that when it comes to Shimano parts UK will be the best choice.. ooo and HOPE too .. UK have some sweet deals on them .. just gatta pic the good day for the US dollar to be strong :) That is how i got HOPE V2 from CRC .. $242 with vented rotor and in US try 360+ USD ..
Yeah, nothing the US shops can really do about that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts