Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I'm late posting this, as I just noticed the promo. Thru Sunday (probably midnight German time, so 3pm PST??) bike-components.de are offering free shipping worldwide.

Since the $25-30 shipping from German sites is an obstacle that normally makes only large-ish orders sensible, this promo makes it attractive to order just about any item that is value priced from Germany. Schwalbe and Continental tires, Tubus and Ortlieb stuff, DT Swiss, etc.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't checked out, but the shipping charges are showing cancelled (+19.95/-19.95) in the cart when I go to checkout. It has a code next to it (I assume its a code) = R48AR8QD so maybe you can manually insert that code??

EDIT: if you click "Go To Checkout" from your cart, it should show the shipping discounted to zero.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got free shipping using guest checkout too, it takes out the shipping charges on the next screen.

On a side note, this is first time buying from Germany. Placed an order for a wheelset (~650 euros) and like to know if anyone got charged with any customs fee/taxes when shipped to the US? it sounds like goods valued upto $800 are not hit with anything (just googling but its good to hear actual experiences).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got free shipping using guest checkout too, it takes out the shipping charges on the next screen.

On a side note, this is first time buying from Germany. Placed an order for a wheelset (~650 euros) and like to know if anyone got charged with any customs fee/taxes when shipped to the US? it sounds like goods valued upto $800 are not hit with anything (just googling but its good to hear actual experiences).
I haven't ordered quite that much but a few hundred dollar order I placed last time did not get hit with any fees.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.