Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of baby steps, one of our land managers has given us permission to incorporate a few drops on one of our trails. While they're not a full on free ride trail, we're hopeful that this leads to a more agressive trail system in our future.

These pictures are not mine. Both images are © 2007, Benjamin McCall. More of Ben's photographs can be found at http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=3823

Thanks to the 30 plus people that came out to help open this section of trail. Thanks to John Pennington and the Bike Stop (http://bikestoponline.com/index.cfm) for providing all the volunteers with a T-shirt and post trail work chili and beer.

Attachments

·
International Lover
102 Posts
Keep up the good work

Looks like there might finally be something in (ho)MO to challenge my madd skilz.

On an unrelated note, congrats on the excellent job you did in keeping your kidnapping buddy's secret safe for so long. Guess you both hated to see those kids leave, eh?

-C
xoxo

p.s. - I was out there over Christmas break, just in time for the waterfowl to disappear. Had to take my frustrations out on a heap o' quail. Quick little bastids, just not quick enough.

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Wow, impressive!

You know what? My first impression was that those were two shots of the same guy. Then I notice the bikes are different. *Then* I notice the clothes are different.

At least my priorities are in order.

:)

Anyway, that looks very challenging. Congrats on your new playground!

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
I think its the same rider

Unless my crappy monitor is lying to me, I think the rider is actually the same, different bike and different shirt, but same rider (same helmet, shoes and pants).

John

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Jisch said:
Unless my crappy monitor is lying to me, I think the rider is actually the same, different bike and different shirt, but same rider (same helmet, shoes and pants).

John
Look again, different gloves, different face, different style of the drop.

first guy is bunny hopping the ledge

Second guy is slowrolling manual style

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^Yes^^^

extrmtao said:
Look again, different gloves, different face, different style of the drop.

Second guy is slowrolling manual style
Different riders.

And so we're all clear, I'm just the messenger in this case. The efforts come from the volunteers who are making these trails happen. Those are the people who deserve the recognition, not the talking head.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes....

Chip said:
Looks like there might finally be something in (ho)MO to challenge my madd skilz.

On an unrelated note, congrats on the excellent job you did in keeping your kidnapping buddy's secret safe for so long. Guess you both hated to see those kids leave, eh?

-C
xoxo

p.s. - I was out there over Christmas break, just in time for the waterfowl to disappear. Had to take my frustrations out on a heap o' quail. Quick little bastids, just not quick enough.
Yep, bring your skills compensator on out and ride.

Our plans to start the Missouri division of NAMBLA were foiled in one fell swoop. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

Fortunately, that sicko lived on the other side of the state. Don't kid yourself, we've got our share of Jerry Springer show candidates on this side of the state. But there's one thing that makes me sleep easier at night: My state didn't elect Rick Santorum. How about yours?

You should have called. Don't you love me any more?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Ken :thumbsup:

Those are some cool pics, although when I first seen them on the ER site it took me a while to realize it was two different people on the same bike.. duh

Hope to catch up with you again soon. This snow friggin' sucks. :madman:

Tom Yahl

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey! Its a picture of me that I didn't post!

Ya, the new trail section with good drops just made my favorite trail even better. I'm the guy in the first pic, and just for the record its two different everything: bikes, helmets, shoes, underwear...

Close, I did a wheelie drop.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kansas City

pheelinphishy89 said:
where is this exactly, me and some buddies are looking for places like this, we are in missouri
Landahl Park, Blue Spring, Mo. Just East of KC. And so we're clear, there are only a handful of drops like this at Landahl. Most of the drops at Landahl are 2-4'.

Ken

·
Registered
38 Posts
alright thanks man, me and a buddy are going out to CO. this summer for a couple weeks, we live in Southeast Missouri(mainly do our riding in Illinois and St.Louis), but we will prolly make a stop there on our way out to CO.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool...

pheelinphishy89 said:
alright thanks man, me and a buddy are going out to CO. this summer for a couple weeks, we live in Southeast Missouri(mainly do our riding in Illinois and St.Louis), but we will prolly make a stop there on our way out to CO.
Drop an email on the Earth Riders Forums: http://forums.earthriders.com when you come through and ask for some local guides for our trails. You can drop me an email there or here and I'll hook you up and show you our trails.

Ken

·
Registered
400 Posts
That stuff was almost as fun to build as it is to ride! Accept for the whole dragging rocks that weigh as much, and more than I do for the trannys! Can't wait for this crudd to melt so I can get back out and hit that trail up some more!
I'm just glad after trying so long to get this stuff that it's starting to happen! And was proud, and glad to be a part of building it as it's the most difficult section in the whole park, and the only section that has three stages of drops. Hope I can help out with all that comes next!
I'm sure Aaron will call me when he goes out to scope some new lines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.