Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the thread about the high price of a race entry for the Leadville 100.
The Tahoe -Sierra 100 did not raise there prices this year we dropped them.Starting at $125.00.
I am not here to hammer on the high cost of Leadville. Its all up to what people are willing to spend there money on and what feeling you walk away with.There are allot of pro's and cons at all events.
A great time, a bad time? Bad aid stations, a fireroad and pavement race? Dusty roads and very little single track.To much single track To much climbing. A well rounded racer just does it and races what's in front of him and learns from it. I do know that we had allot of dust at the Tahoe-Sierra 100 this year that was out of our control.They all just had to deal with.Pro's expert,sports and beginers alike.
No matter what people seem to come back to Leadville at any cost.They must be doing something right!!
I will say that we had the best Ultra MTB racers in country by far thanks to the NU100 series and Ryan O'Dell, but they were there for the $15,000 in prize money.
We are giving away many free entrys this year. The jobless rate is high and allot of people are in need of some help.
Its not all about the money but about having a great time with others and walking away feeling like you done something that you didn't think you could do.
This is how it works:
The first person to answer this qestions in order wins!!
1. In the movie Half Baked, What did the munchie list consist of ? There should be 15 of them.
2.What is the name of the Native American people that come from the "Barrance Del Core" region.Its not uncommon for them to run 50 to 80 miles each day?
STARTS NOW!! Good luck:thumbsup:

·
slow uphill
570 Posts
"Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons."

I'm assuming you're referring to Copper Canyon... Tarahumara

correct?

·
Anti-Outsourcer
319 Posts
"Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyuns."

And the Tarahumara people
:thumbsup:

·
slow uphill
570 Posts
by the way...

"You ever see the back of a twenty dollar bill... on weed? Oh, there's some crazy sh*t, man. There's a dude in the bushes. Has he got a gun? I dunno! RED TEAM GO, RED TEAM GO."

that movie is chalk full of classic lines...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Orangedog you got it.!!

Dude your in!! contact me at MTBR with private message. It was to easy man!!
Thanks for playing. We will do another free entry on MTBR next month.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yes and no from what I have heard.

very likely not starting from French Meadows and I believe there's discussions of about 15 to 20 miles of ST through out the course (broken up) from what I'm hearing....the remainder of the course in some fashion or another (meaning many of the same roads but how and where????) will likely be included.

My info is all rumor and speculation....so I'd put lil value in it. ;o)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Roger___ said:
very likely not starting from French Meadows and I believe there's discussions of about 15 to 20 miles of ST through out the course (broken up) from what I'm hearing....the remainder of the course in some fashion or another (meaning many of the same roads but how and where????) will likely be included.

My info is all rumor and speculation....so I'd put lil value in it. ;o)
I hope the rumor and speculation is true. I thought the course was fine, but some ST to break it up would be great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.