Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked the specs of the 07 models over at Competitive Cyclist I really like the new Spot but I like the front triangle geometry of the RFX better.
Do you think it's possible to get RFX front and Spot rear and does anyone know what would be the final geo?
Thanks.

Oh, I'm talking about the XXL frame nothing less.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Pecka

You are basically refering to what was the 5 Pack last year. The problem is that this year The shock measurement from eye to eye is longer on the RFX. If my memory serves me correctly(I actually had a customer call us about this exact set up) And Dave said the BB area is entirely new for "07 on the RFX so you couldn't retro fit the rear from the Spot. The RFX is now sporting the Spot top tube and the RFX downtube, it's now spec'd with an RP23 as well so it will be quite a bit lighter than last years RFX. I would say if you like the measurements of the RFX front triangle just bite the bullet and go for the RFX. Just my 2 cents. Ride On- E

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are basically refering to what was the 5 Pack last year. The problem is that this year The shock measurement from eye to eye is longer on the RFX. If my memory serves me correctly(I actually had a customer call us about this exact set up) And Dave said the BB area is entirely new for "07 on the RFX so you couldn't retro fit the rear from the Spot. The RFX is now sporting the Spot top tube and the RFX downtube, it's now spec'd with an RP23 as well so it will be quite a bit lighter than last years RFX. I would say if you like the measurements of the RFX front triangle just bite the bullet and go for the RFX. Just my 2 cents. Ride On- E
Thanks for the info, I will probably contact Turner directly before I pull the trigger.
I just think that RFX will be overkill for the type of riding and terrain I have here, on the other hand it would be sweet bike for Garda trips. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.