i'm thinking a classic rfx meets 5pack.

medium classic rfx front & vanilla 36 fork
+
5.5 rockers
+
5pack spot/flux stays
=

???

Would the above setup come out with a lower bb than just running 5" rockers on the classic rfx?

classic #'s 13.5BB 66.5 headtube
5pack #'s 13.75BB 67" HT

I like my 5 pack but something is going on and i cant seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
That's exactly the configuration I am running ('06 med RFX front triangle, 5.5in rockers, '06 Spot seatstay, '06 RFX chainstay) with a Fox 36 TALAS. I think it's about 0.5in lower than the '06 RFX and about 0.5-1 degree slacker.

I'll be back home in a couple of days and take some measurements and pictures.

I love the ride in this configuration, it pedals significantly better than the '06 RFX and rides higher in the travel. Of course you give up some small bump compliance and plushness in the ride but I like the compromise. I have ridden the bike like this on XC rides and on DH trails and am very happy with it.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
an original RFX already has spot seat stays so the first thing to do is try a spot stay on your 5.5Pack (I have one you can try).

The ORFX with 5 inch rockers and a 160 fork and 2.5's gets a 13 7/8's BB and a 66.5ish HT angle, 5.5 rockers have very little if any change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.