Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From the fertile mind of bike tool designer Paul at Morningstar Tools come the retro-fit dial indicators for a well known wheel truing stand. You get to do the X & Y axis plus the rotor too. This takes the wheel truing experience to the next level.

I have his R.O.C. Tech version and it makes a game out of rim and rotor truing.

Nice one Paul!

Attachments

·
ravingbikefiend
2,322 Posts
Only a true geek would use dial indicators to check the trueness of their wheels... LOL

The dial indicator is actually a marvelous addition to one's kit although they don't come cheap and adding three would really boost the price of the trueing stand.

I use an inverted fork in a vice friendly base and my dial indicator attaches to the vice magnetically and can extend to measure for trueness.

Yeah...I'm a geek.

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sixty Fiver said:
I use an inverted fork in a vice friendly base and my dial indicator attaches to the vice magnetically and can extend to measure for trueness.
I too use an inverted fork and my D-I is the Morningstar R2OC Tech which attaches to the end of the QR skewer. A few months ago I was re-building my track bike wheels (solid axle!) and was telling Paul that I couldn't fit my R2OC Tech to the axle. A couple of days later a little bolt-on adaptor plate arrived and I was in business. What a guy. :rolleyes:

Yeah...I'm a geek.
I've been called worse.

·
Registered
496 Posts
re:dial indicator

I use these everyday at work, holding tolerances " 0 to -.0005 " a real challenge in the warmer months, I could rig one of these up to my trueing stand just to see how out of round in a rim there would be, just never really tried that yet. But nothing beats a handbuilt wheel for sure

VernDogger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.