Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Francis. It was good to see you today... even if it was only in passing. I heard that your group was planning to do a 40 mile ride. Did you do it? Inquiring minds want to know:D

btw.... Who the heck were you riding with?...especially the (edit: namecalling) at the front of your group. That guy had trail manners that would anger Mad Max. He obviously doesn't know that it bad form to fly down a hill and head directly for others that are climbing the same hill.:madmax: He just sped down the middle of the singletrack.

You on the other hand understood. No surprise there:thumbsup: Most of the other riders were cool, too.

I can't imagine that it was a regular... especially after Dwight told me that he had the same problem... with the same guy.:rolleyes:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
Hey Bruce,

It was great to see you. I chatted with Dwight for a little bit. We did 35 miles and 4400 feet of climbing. It was cool. We were done by around noon. That was one fine day. If it floods from this day on, I'll be content for the year. If it doesn't, I'll ride some more. :thumbsup:

I think our ride leader at that point was Kyle. It was his first time in the front all day so he might have been going all out. Sorry about that. He doesn't post here but I'll let him know.

How was your ride?

There were four sub-20 lb. bikes in my group. And they were all 29ers!!! Cheaterz.

Here's some pics.
1) 7HVN's black sheep. Only the tires are not Ti on this bike
2) 2 VW's ideal for biking. Different era's
3) It's a 67 VW
4) Derek got shellacked riding the new bike today
5) Jason is a big strong boy with a 19 lb. bike.

fc

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Lots of people at Tamarancho today didn't understad the uphill right of way either...

Got by all of them no problem but usually if _I_ run into someone coming up and I'm going down I either stop or slow WAY down and move over - lots of people just blew by me head on.... not so cool...

Blue Shorts said:
Hi Francis. It was good to see you today... even if it was only in passing. I heard that your group was planning to do a 40 mile ride. Did you do it? Inquiring minds want to know:D

btw.... Who the heck were you riding with?...especially the bonehead at the front of your group. That guy had trail manners that would anger Mad Max. He obviously doesn't know that it bad form to fly down a hill and head directly for others that are climbing the same hill.:madmax: He just sped down the middle of the singletrack.

You on the other hand understood. No surprise there:thumbsup: Most of the other riders were cool, too.

I can't imagine that it was a regular... especially after Dwight told me that he had the same problem... with the same guy.:rolleyes:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
more pics:
1) The great Joe Steel
2) Rensho is ready for some Sexy Time
3) Ty couldn't stop talking about his $200 shorts and minty chamois cream
4) 7HVN having a sexy time moment
5) Chris and friends ready to ride some more

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
i for one get out of the way when im climbing and let them know to fly through when i see some biker flying down the trail toward me. The reason is the downhill fun (to me) out weighs the minor effort it takes to pedal a little harder and move over. Assuming its a safe pass id rather move over and not mess up their flow as id expect the same out of another rider.spookin horses or padestrians is a whole different story though.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
francois said:
I think our ride leader at that point was Kyle. It was his first time in the front all day so he might have been going all out. Sorry about that. He doesn't post here but I'll let him know.
He's a witch, burn him!

I'm surprised that this doesn't qualify for a tacky public call-out, Demo-stylie.

Different standards perhaps?

What an amusing read, especially considering the recent "you didn't stop" drama.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
I hold to my personal belief that riding single speeds up mountains is retarded...........but that is one badass looking cog.

Seeing as dirtjump bikes are cheap, abused and survive as unique pieces only through their owner's vanity, as well as being a great ss application.........where can I can I get me one of them?

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
Wow, killer day! Paul, thanks for setting a great pace and picking a wonderful route. I couldn't have asked for a better day on the trails.

now, for some clarification- the chamois cream is not minty, but peppery. i guess possibly pepperminty, though i have yet to brush my teeth with it. this does give me an idea- has anyone tried toothpaste as chammy cream?

·
Mtbr Founder
35,084 Posts
kidwoo said:
I hold to my personal belief that riding single speeds up mountains is retarded...........but that is one badass looking cog.

Seeing as dirtjump bikes are cheap, abused and survive as unique pieces only through their owner's vanity, as well as being a great ss application.........where can I can I get me one of them?
You can get them at the Ti bling store
http://www.boonerings.com/cr/cr.html

They come in chainrings too.

fc

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
(Quote) btw.... Who the heck were you riding with?...especially the bonehead at the front of your group. That guy had trail manners that would anger Mad Max. He obviously doesn't know that it bad form to fly down a hill and head directly for others that are climbing the same hill.:madmax: He just sped down the middle of the singletrack.

Sometimes you just have to hold your ground and make him go off the trail. Sure you risk a collision, but you will get his attention one way or the other. Possibly even a good confrontation. Fck em I say.

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
Ok, so i was riding second when "this" happened. though i'm not sure when it was, i was the number one wheel sucker all day. we passed lots of cyclists, going up and down. i don't remember us passing anyone in any technical climbs or descents, which is typically when i make a point to yield to the proper party, or expect the same. i'd hate to pick sides, but i really didn't think either paul or kyle ever pushed anyone off the trail, maybe off their line....

you'd be hard pressed to find riders who make a greater effort to be solid trail stewards, and accomdate other riders and trail users, than the group we were riding with. i'm sure any rude behavior was purely unintentional and not executed out of ignorance or disrespect.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Dirt_Diggler said:
you'd be hard pressed to find riders who make a greater effort to be solid trail stewards,

Cue picture of a grinning, proud rider holding a citation from a ranger for riding too fast, or was it for poaching? I can't remember exactly.

It's getting deep in here!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
"I don't remember" if that ticket was for speeding or poaching, but I assure you "any rude behavior was purely unintentional and not executed out of ignorance or disrespect". Sure, it's OK to haul ass down Demo on a weekend passing everyone in sight and not think it's going to piss anyone off...... and it was speeding as I remember.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Wow:thumbsup: That must have been a great ride. Those bikes are hot. I love that rear cog in the first shot.

19 pounds? I think my backpack weighs more;)

Dwight, Steve and I had an enjoyable ride, although it was nowhere near your epic. I forgot my computer, but I figure we did about 22 miles and about 2200ft of climbing. A nice mellow ride. :)

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
Pete said:

Cue picture of a grinning, proud rider holding a citation from a ranger for riding too fast, or was it for poaching? I can't remember exactly.

It's getting deep in here!
wait, what? when? where? who? no tickets on my record, but then that's no indication of a rider's etiquette in the first place.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Wow you did get 40 miles in there, would love to check out your route some time. Were you able to avoid hitting the same trails twice in the same direction? But I'm with Kidwoo on this one, I'll be using gears thank you very much.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
That was a really great ride. Thanks Paul for leading us on a great route. I was looking for any excuse not to go on the ride; too early, cold, fast, ???
After the ride, it was all good. No mechs, no flats, no crashes. You'd think we were dilly dallying or something.

Paul, that 67 VW is da bomb. Soooooo clean.

FC, thanks for the invite and the pics bro.

This place is made for SS. Wouldn't think of riding anything else.

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
wow! someone has issues about being passed-"Fck em I say"- flying the bird to riders you don't know. whether it was poor trail etiiquette or not, your reply surely sounds like a case of road rage to me. no apology required. oh, none given. big suprise.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts