Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Need advise.

I know that the Transition Transam and Santa Cruz Chameleon are designed for SS with the horizontal dropout and EBB respectively.

Was initially thinking of going 1x9, but now SS has seriously piqued my interest. The other framesI was considering initially, along with the Transition Transam, were the On-one 456 summer season and the Ragley Blue Pig. Wanted a steel all mountain hardtail.

My question - Is the Summer Season and Blue Pig suited for SS? Practical and feasible?

Once again, complete newbie seeking your advice and feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Neither the Summer Season or the Blue Pig have any means for chain tension adjustment, so you'd be looking at some sort of add-on tensioner (or better still, a Forward Components EBB conversion) if you're set on getting either of them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The TransAM is a sweet ride. It has that great steel spring to it and is a lot of fun. I used to have a Chameleon and never really took to it. Its ridiculously stiff and just sort of bangs over stuff. It handles great and can rail like nobody's business, but the vibration and shock can get tiresome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.