Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
lurking since 1999
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone stateside has ordered a frame from CRC. Looking at the Cove frames and seem like great prices.

Are there/were there any fees/tax custom delays on something that will be a fairly large package?

Thanks.

·
some kind of hero...
543 Posts
money said:
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone stateside has ordered a frame from CRC. Looking at the Cove frames and seem like great prices.

Are there/were there any fees/tax custom delays on something that will be a fairly large package?

Thanks.
I recently ordered an Intense frame from them (I'm in Canada). They were really fast, shipping was free and they hand off to Canada Post which means a fixed brokerage fee of $5. All applicable taxes were due, but no duty or any other costs. Intense are manufactured in the US and we have a trade deal... It should be the same for you. Tracking was provided and the only real delay was with the delivery by the postal folks :rolleyes: . It landed in the country and cleared customs in less than three days.

The box was a bit battered, but all was good. It seems a bit strange that I could have a bike frame that was manufactured in the US delivered to my door for hundreds of dollars cheaper than any on-line US retailer - but that's how it worked out with the currency exchange right now.

Make sure you check into and understand the warranty implications.

My experience with Chain Reaction was excellent.

Good Luck!
:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.