Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some insurance money and I'm looking to upgrade my soul cycles frame.

So far I like what Niner has to offer (test rode an EMD and loved it), but Im open to other options.

I have a 100mm fixed travel fork on my current bike that would be cool to switch over, but its not a requirement. I want a normal BB and would prefer standard vertical dropouts (no EBB, no slot dropouts, sliders are not necessary but i wouldn't be totally against them). I also need something that comes with a long top tube (62-64cm effective).
 

·
rider
Joined
·
2,356 Posts
Slurry said:
I just got some insurance money and I'm looking to upgrade my soul cycles frame.

So far I like what Niner has to offer (test rode an EMD and loved it), but Im open to other options.

I have a 100mm fixed travel fork on my current bike that would be cool to switch over, but its not a requirement. I want a normal BB and would prefer standard vertical dropouts (no EBB, no slot dropouts, sliders are not necessary but i wouldn't be totally against them). I also need something that comes with a long top tube (62-64cm effective).
Check out the Astrix Rook, very nice frame for the money. I own a Monk from Astrix and it is a great bike. Never heard anyone say a bad thing about the Rook. Actually, many riders have raved about it.

http://astrixsports.com/rook.html

No, I don't work for Astrix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
29erchico said:
Check out the Astrix Rook, very nice frame for the money. I own a Monk from Astrix and it is a great bike. Never heard anyone say a bad thing about the Rook. Actually, many riders have raved about it.

http://astrixsports.com/rook.html

No, I don't work for Astrix.
wow that is actually a pretty nice looking frame. too bad about those v-brake posts...
 

·
Expert Crasher
Joined
·
6,358 Posts
29erchico said:
Check out the Astrix Rook, very nice frame for the money. I own a Monk from Astrix and it is a great bike. Never heard anyone say a bad thing about the Rook. Actually, many riders have raved about it.

http://astrixsports.com/rook.html

No, I don't work for Astrix.
Good call on the Astrix Rook. I'll second that nomination. Love mine while I had it.
 

·
.......
Joined
·
3,707 Posts
Another vote for Vassago. I've got the Jabberwocky (SS version) and love it. I've got it set up with 80mm Reba.
 

·
Stokeless Asshat
Joined
·
3,360 Posts
Quiring Q Ball. Steel and made in the US of A.
 

·
Witty McWitterson
Joined
·
5,023 Posts
A Singular Swift would[could] be right up your alley. It'll take everything you need cept for the eccentric.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Slurry said:
I just got some insurance money and I'm looking to upgrade my soul cycles frame.

So far I like what Niner has to offer (test rode an EMD and loved it), but Im open to other options.

I have a 100mm fixed travel fork on my current bike that would be cool to switch over, but its not a requirement. I want a normal BB and would prefer standard vertical dropouts (no EBB, no slot dropouts, sliders are not necessary but i wouldn't be totally against them). I also need something that comes with a long top tube (62-64cm effective).
From the description of what you are looking for, stick with the Niner. If you can swing an extra $99 get an Air9. You wont regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts
Q-Ball. Look no further. Made in the USA, plus you get to talk to the builder first hand, who happens to be both an incredible rider and a great guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Crap now I dont know what to get...


There's one shop in town that carries niner, and they have offered to give me a decent discount on an EMD. I can probably get a Salsa at or below cost.

But that banshee is so tempting....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
mojo722 said:
From the description of what you are looking for, stick with the Niner. If you can swing an extra $99 get an Air9. You wont regret it.
i agree. Once you ride an air9 you wont want another bike. the geometry is perfect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,598 Posts
Why not spend the money on a nice set of wheels instead. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Soul Cycles frame IMHO. Pretty damned good frames for the buck those Soul Cycles frames
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MMcG said:
Why not spend the money on a nice set of wheels instead. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Soul Cycles frame IMHO. Pretty damned good frames for the buck those Soul Cycles frames
Unless it has an EBB that constantly gets dirty and starts making noise, and is too small for me.

I like my Pro II / Flow wheels, too.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top