Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
jcd's best friend
2,935 Posts
I actually bought their Attack Pro BMX bike and I like it! It was on sale through their distributor (The House Outdoor Gear) and the bike is 100 percent chromoly. If you are hunting for a deal on a Framed bike, check out The House and see if they have something on discount.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I can't see someone just making that story up.. and their prices seem too good to be true on top of it. But i will read some more and keep looking.
I can absolutely see someone giving a very one-sided, inaccurate account of what happened. Everything about that post points to someone with a grudge.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can tell you right now that their customer service is horrible. My son bought an aero road frame from them at the end of June. If you know anything about aero road frames most of them have a custom seat post wedge style clamp. The company is not responding to email and my son has talked to them several times on the phone and still no custom seat post clamp. The kid worked hard all summer on his Grandfathers farm and at a local bike shop where is Grandfather lives to pay for this frame and it is basically a three pound door stop now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are a catalog-bike company...but when there isn't much actually on the ground (race teams, manufacturing, support network, dealers, etc.), that's always a question to consider.
(resurrected thread alert)

I was researching Framed bikes, spotted this comment, and realized how much things have changed in such a short time. Companies without "much actually on the ground" are - at this time - at a huge advantage. So...I bought a Minnesota and expect delivery this coming week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
(resurrected thread alert)

I was researching Framed bikes, spotted this comment, and realized how much things have changed in such a short time. Companies without "much actually on the ground" are - at this time - at a huge advantage. So...I bought a Minnesota and expect delivery this coming week.
did you get you bike yet? I read in the website the were some delays.
I'm shopping for my first fatty and I was looking closely to the Alaskan and wolftrax and suddenly the are all removed from the website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes - it arrived within a week. I got the 20” in grey - only other choice is/was black. I opted for assembly but had to adjust rear brake and derailleur. I can see I’ll have to true the rear wheel as well but I need to get a spoke wrench (it’s been years). Only issue is delayed shifting with rear (only) derailleur - but that was before I noticed last night it was in the “off” position - need to ride again today. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes - it arrived within a week. I got the 20” in grey - only other choice is/was black. I opted for assembly but had to adjust rear brake and derailleur. I can see I’ll have to true the rear wheel as well but I need to get a spoke wrench (it’s been years). Only issue is delayed shifting with rear (only) derailleur - but that was before I noticed last night it was in the “off” position - need to ride again today. :)

that sounds like a normal new bike adjustments

just realized the " new arrivals" are back in Oct 1st.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s only a week away! Framed did say I could take it to a bike shop and they’d reimburse

·
Registered
4 Posts
Way late to this conversation but I've got 3 Framed bikes, 2 of their $400 Rendals and an alloy Bobtrax that we got for $512 on sale, Bobtrax has thru axles,1x10 sram drivetrain, in frame routing and shimano brakes, it's a freaking awesome bike, especially for 500 bucks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can tell you right now that their customer service is horrible. My son bought an aero road frame from them at the end of June. If you know anything about aero road frames most of them have a custom seat post wedge style clamp. The company is not responding to email and my son has talked to them several times on the phone and still no custom seat post clamp. The kid worked hard all summer on his Grandfathers farm and at a local bike shop where is Grandfather lives to pay for this frame and it is basically a three pound door stop now.
Similar thoughts here. I ordered an Alaskan fat bike from them in November when I found out the options from my local bike shops were quoted for next spring or summer. Roughly half of the info I got before the sale ended up being wrong. More importantly, they sent me the wrong frame. That was mid November and there's still no resolution. They stopped responding to emails by early December and I have a weekly routine of calling their customer service number, being on hold for 30 minutes, and then the system disconnects me. Calling the sales number or the bike store associated with them gets me a "Let me get you to customer service." and the same scene repeats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want a cheap bike to ride no more than a mile to the grocery store and back once a month. Framed is the perfect bike for you. Anything over that distance or amount of use, expect this cheap rig to break.

Framed...what's going on with your customer service? I have had parts break every session with your Framed Marquette, and when I reach out for help ask or ask how I can get parts, you ignore me or tell me you can't help. I even bought a replacement axel online on amazon, and when I told you guys I did that you helped me find a replacement part on your site. When you sent the part it was the wrong size and then continued to ignore me.

To anyone looking to get a Framed Bike...don't. When it breaks you will be left to resolve it on your own. That's fine if you have had the bike for a year or so and something breaks. But in my case, it broke on the first session, the second session, and the fourth session riding, and I expect there to be some sort of warranty in place. These bikes are made so cheap it's not worth it. You are literally at risk of a crank arm breaking off when hitting SMALL jumps and your front axel coming off when you're pedaling.

Get another brand, simple as that.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's shame that they may have gone down hill that much. I have had an Alaskan Carbon Fat Bike for 5 yrs now and still enjoy it. I did however at the time pick up a frame and fork from my LBS before they went completely consumer direct. Put it together with parts of my choice and have had no issues since. Their original carbon Fat Bike frames were over built and extremely durable, I don't think it will ever break unless I ride of a cliff...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't see someone just making that story up.. and their prices seem too good to be true on top of it. But i will read some more and keep looking.
I have 3 Framed bikes and they're great. The company is understaffed right now due to covid. BTW we ride blacks in Colo and the bikes have been very reliable

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's shame that they may have gone down hill that much. I have had an Alaskan Carbon Fat Bike for 5 yrs now and still enjoy it. I did however at the time pick up a frame and fork from my LBS before they went completely consumer direct. Put it together with parts of my choice and have had no issues since. Their original carbon Fat Bike frames were over built and extremely durable, I don't think it will ever break unless I ride of a cliff...
They have not gone downhill

·
Registered
153 Posts
They have not gone downhill
If I can't get somebody to respond to sending me the wrong frame after a month and a half of calls and emails, that's pretty bad. The shifter cable/housing was routed into the wrong frame port. The rear axle is the wrong size. The rear derailleur wasn't even close to set up correctly and wasn't on the hanger tightly (which would explain why the limits, b screw and indexing were way off). The handlebar was more narrow than advertised. They can't provide the geometry for their 22" size.

Missing customer service, wrong information online and not able to build a bike correctly are pretty big strikes against a direct sales bike company.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, that
If I can't get somebody to respond to sending me the wrong frame after a month and a half of calls and emails, that's pretty bad. The shifter cable/housing was routed into the wrong frame port. The rear axle is the wrong size. The rear derailleur wasn't even close to set up correctly and wasn't on the hanger tightly (which would explain why the limits, b screw and indexing were way off). The handlebar was more narrow than advertised. They can't provide the geometry for their 22" size.

Missing customer service, wrong information online and not able to build a bike correctly are pretty big strikes against a direct sales bike company.

[/QUOT

Yep, thats a bummer but I know they've been short-handed and things haven't been the same since the virus. I'm riding a bobtrax everywhere, never an issue, ridden Dr Park, Hartman Rocks, 401 and the 403 all on that hard tail

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bet. It kind of seems like 'no handed' vs. shorthanded though. Especially when you can reach a sales person easily, but not support. Once the return window passed, I started riding it and it's a good bike. I like the handling much better than my recent Fatboy. However, I'm pretty sure it's a rebranded SNO1 frame. I don't see the point in buying from Framed if I'm going to get the same level of support as I would buying the open mold frame and doing the build myself. Seems like the only perk is having 'Framed' painted on the frame....in the wrong color.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts