Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got myself one of those Manitou Kingpins for $100. Not high quality but for $100 bucks, who cares! anyway, I got as a part for a bike I plan on building. I already have a Kona Stuff, so I was thinking of a dual suspension. I don't wan't to spend alot of money on the frame. I'm probably gonna go used. I've seen used norco 4x4's for a decent price, would the Kingpins be okay on that frame? Want the bike for light to moderate freeriding. not a hardtail, I like the morphine but i want dual suspenion. I may also look into a used stinky. I want something size small. (i'm 5'6", 120 lbs). Any suggestions on frames to look for that are used and around $600 u.s. range? also would that 4x4 work?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
look at a stinky dee lux frame. then do some work to that fork, it mite not be the highest quality now but with oil and stiffer springs and what not it could be nicer

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm probably gonna look at a frame with 6" and lower because I live in Ontario Canada and there isn't any mountain around. I don't really want to be driving around a monster of a bike when I don't need to. that's why I was looking at the norco 4by. It'll be my first dual suspension bike. I already have a few parts for the bike. wheels- stock ditchwitch that come on "06 kona stuff. pedals- dmr v12. Forks- manitou stance kingpin.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
haro extremes have 5-6 inches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts