Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fleanutz said:
Looking to get rid of the one9? If so, what size? Just asking...
I had written that I would be selling it but that was edited by the spam police. I think I have it sold to a friend. If not, I will post it in the classifieds. Its a medium.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got her switched over. Just a couple light rides. Couple easy trails and some canals to work. Should be able to put some good trail miles on it next week. Here are a couple pics of the new build.

Attachments

·
Let There Be Dirt
186 Posts
I am going to do the same thing. I have a SIR9 I ran as a SS for a couple of seasons and loved it. I set it up as 1X9 and and like it even more. I had to have an SS so I bought a One9 last August and though it is a great bike and I am glad I tried it I personally prefer the SIR9. I wish they still made the SIR in Tamale Red though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally have enuff riding for a comparo. First, Rainman hit it pretty well, so I will try not to repeat his test. Riding was everything from canal to dirtroad and finishing with very rocky desert with steep climbs and rocky desents with small drops. I will say there is quite a bit of difference. All parts switched from one bike to the other.
Climbing: The SIR is not as good as the One. I could feel the flex here. Seemed to take away a little speed. This was to be expected giving weight and stiffness. They both climb great. The One just gets the nod.
Desending: The SIR gets the nod. Again expected results due to flex of the Steel frame. Long rides are easier. Smoother all around. No two ways about it.
Cornering: The One is much better cornering at speed in my opinion. Again expected results here. The SIR just does not seem as predictable. Again flex was noticed. I will get used to it. You will still love the handling of the SIR.
Drops: The One gets this one also. This was a surprise. I really thought the SIR would take this one. More predictable. I am talking 2-3 foot here.
Jumping: I am talking 3-4 foot with a good transition. Both are good jumpers. The One is easier to flick. The One really seems alot lighter than 1 lb difference.
At the end of the day if I had it to do all over again, I would not have changed frames. I did want the ability to go gears in the future. I will do that some day.
I love Niner bikes. I love this SIR. I will keep and enjoy it. I think if someone is going to race they should definetly get Scandium. If you already have one I would not change to steel. If you are a trail rider, enjoy long rides, I would get the SIR. In my book you can't loose as long as it is a Niner. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.