Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i guess this is my first post/thread ever in this forum :)

so i just picked up an iron horse quantumII from sports authorty (it was on sale) and im actually pritty happy with the bikeas far as an entery level. the only thing i could really ask for is i wish the fram had a lower stand over height. im comming here from a freestyle bmx background and im just more use to having alot more stand over height. as the biek goes now theres only about 2 inches from my inseem to the top tube and i wanted somthing a lower just in case i need to jump down of the seat on uneven utrain i dont rest the family jewels on my top tube. im looking for somthing were the top tube is a lil more in line with the seatstay. im also on colleg student budget so no crazy platnum plated master p limited editon signed frames or anything if u catch my drift.i was looking into the leader 526h frame and heard some good things about it and it doesnt hurt my pcokets. anything you guys would reccomend? oh also im looking for a HT. sorry for the semi long post.

summary:
looking for new frame
low stand over height
hardtail
not really looking for top of the line itmes (i need the money for ramen noodles)

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
jjcools said:
Is that Avent disc compatible??

Not sure if the OP has disc or V, just curious after reading the Avent description.
" The Avent Jibster Frame is built for Urban Assault, Dirt Jumping, Dual Slalom, Mountain Cross, and whatever else you can throw at it. Designed for 5" or 6" travel forks without affecting head angle. Oversized head-tube and heavily gusseted 7005 aluminum frame. International Standard disc brake mount. International Standard chain guide mount. Dual V-Brake mounts for 24" or 26" wheels. Comes with vertical dropouts. The Jibster Frame is also compatible with top swing front derailleur and triple chain rings." :thumbsup:

·
Registered
764 Posts
dogonfr said:
" The Avent Jibster Frame is built for Urban Assault, Dirt Jumping, Dual Slalom, Mountain Cross, and whatever else you can throw at it. Designed for 5" or 6" travel forks without affecting head angle. Oversized head-tube and heavily gusseted 7005 aluminum frame. International Standard disc brake mount. International Standard chain guide mount. Dual V-Brake mounts for 24" or 26" wheels. Comes with vertical dropouts. The Jibster Frame is also compatible with top swing front derailleur and triple chain rings." :thumbsup:

Aparently I can't read, just saw the part about Vmounts for 24 and 26.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.