Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at expanding my stable and adding a trail bike, but really don't know how the different bikes would feel.

I'm looking at a small Rune(22"?) or, a medium Rune(23"?). I was previously on a medium Wildcard(23.1"?) and am currently on a short Rampant(22.5"?).

Looking at the horizontal top tube between the medium Wildcard(23.1"?), medium Rune(23"?) and short Rampant(22.5"?), I felt a little stretched out on the Wildcard and feel right at home on the Rampant.

I'm 5'11", I ran a 35mm stem on my medium Wildcard, currently running a 50mm stem on my short Rampant and come from a BMX background, so I feel more in control on small frames. If anyone's had time on all 3 frames I've mentioned, how did you feel on a small/medium Rune with a 50mm stem?

If it also helps, I tend to stand and mash, rather than sit and spin on the trails I ride.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
The seat tube angle is quite a bit more slack on the Rune. A medium Rune will feel a bit smaller than a medium Wildcard when the seat is dropped but similar when it is fully extended. You end up with a smaller feeling bike on the way down and bigger on the way up. I'm 5'8" and ride a medium which will see considerable time at the dirt jumps and freeride trails. I would be fairly surprised if, at 5'll", you preferred the small over a medium.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I didnt want to make my own thread for this question, and it's similar so I'm putting it here.

What size Rune should I look at? I've never been on one and have no access to any but am considering it as my next bike.

I'm about 5'5" 130lbs, and ride a S(16") Giant Yukon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
jakekenney said:
I didnt want to make my own thread for this question, and it's similar so I'm putting it here.

What size Rune should I look at? I've never been on one and have no access to any but am considering it as my next bike.

I'm about 5'5" 130lbs, and ride a S(16") Giant Yukon.

Thanks.
I am 5`6" and ride a small rune with a 50mm stem and if feels great. I do prefer smaller bikes though. I could`ve gone medium but I found smaller bikes more fun going down. FWIW, I do a 6km climbs (+450 vertical meters) on most of my rides and have no complians.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts