Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last Dh bike I don't think fit me correctly. I sized it along the lines of my AM bike. I realize that that the fit of my AM was base around a compromise of comfort when pedaling in the saddle and being able to get behind the seat when needed. I feel I may have been stretched out to far when I was over the rear wheel. Should I be on a size smaller DH bike?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I feel that, as the trails get bigger and more vertical, the smaller and more nimble you want your bike. For instance, I'm 6'2. and ride a 17" Sunday. My other bikes are a 18" Chaparral AM, 19" Mongoose XC, and a 21" Xion road bike.

It may be a bit more cramped when saddle peddling the Sunday, but the extra agility is a trade off in my mind. Just my personal preference.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im 6' and ride a large nomad carbon and a large v10 carbon both feel perfect especially the v10, i used to ride a 951 medium and thought it was terrible. I dont understand how frame manufacturers make their sizes if your a large then you should be a large every time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.