Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the first application of frame saver on my pug frame last night, and was wondering if anyone has done any "extra" applications before building up, since these are snow bikes. (if that's what you use yours for)

Whaddya think?

·
bored ex-shop rat
375 Posts
I used Fluid Film for my frame and fork, I guess there will never be a rust prob from inside the
tubing

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I slathered mine with linseed oil. Good thick coats too, sloshing around the inside of the tubes, then draining.

My Pugs is still rusting like a MoFo. I rode it on the beach a lot though.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i used castrol chainwax-motorcycle chain lube,mines reguarly in the sea and lately been river swimming too ;) ,its an adventure bike to ride and have fun on so inevitably if used will have a hard life,there cro-mo so by rights should take years to rust through,going by old bmx cro- mo frames that turn up,before the time it rusts through you will have an itch for a new frame anyway :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny, CK, I was thinking about the new frame thing while I was putting more FS in the tubes last night! Good point! With all of the new fat framesets coming out, by the time the pug dies, there will certainly be something new to drool over!

Thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts