Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a used Mongoose SX aluminum frame, 18 inch equivalent. Its in fair condition. Is it worth posting on eBay or anywhere to sell or should I just bin it?

:confused:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I haven't put anything on e-bay for a couple of years now, but it used to only cost something like a quarter to list an item. You never know, you might get $20 out of it. I have seen some stuff sell on there for silly high prices.

If you have a way to put a picture in the listing you will have a much better chance of selling it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a photo of the frame

Here's a photo of the frame.

planetmike said:
I've got a used Mongoose SX aluminum frame, 18 inch equivalent. Its in fair condition. Is it worth posting on eBay or anywhere to sell or should I just bin it?

:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
xrmattaz said:
I'll send you two dollars cash if you take it to Goodwill.

Somebody out there will buy it from them.
hes right, if your not sure someone will buy it on ebay, give it to goodwill or another charitable organization and help out your community.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to buy frames like these. Usually old ridden hardtails frames only sell if it's of some fancy brand, like old Breezers or something like that.

eDiscount Bikes is selling brand new hardtail aluminum frames on eBay for $9.99:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22679&item=3694973626

Common sense would dictate that those newer frames will be plucked up before something old like this.

I agree about donating it. Is there a local charity that can use it? Some communities have non profit groups that help people in need by giving them fixed up used bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies folks. I'm donating it to my local alley way. The city does recycle itself.

dirtpaws said:
I don't think anyone is going to buy frames like these. Usually old ridden hardtails frames only sell if it's of some fancy brand, like old Breezers or something like that.

eDiscount Bikes is selling brand new hardtail aluminum frames on eBay for $9.99:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22679&item=3694973626

Common sense would dictate that those newer frames will be plucked up before something old like this.

I agree about donating it. Is there a local charity that can use it? Some communities have non profit groups that help people in need by giving them fixed up used bikes.

·
Chatham NJ
477 Posts
pimpbot said:
SingleSpeed it!

Better yet, find an aluminum recycler around your area and trade it for $3.

Just donate it. Your better off donating it than selling it for scrap for a few bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts