Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frame replacement or 20% off? I cracked my 2013 scalpel frame. Since it is under warranty they would replace the frame and charge me about $200 to transfer all of my components over. Or I could buy a new scalpel for 20% off. The scalpel 4 would be about $3500. The scalpel three would be about $4600. Or do I just get the replacement frame and upgrade my drivetrain on a six-year-old bike?

·
Registered
14,783 Posts
You can get 18-20% off on any good bike when using cash to negotiate with a manager(only- no sales guy). 60% no refund down on an ordered bike. Maybe 2 out of 6 managers at a brands shops will work with you to get a deal done. Call around and talk to the managers only not percentage but by price you've figured out with tax. Then make an appointment.
I'd take the frame and sell it. It has new geo. over yours
Then shop for whatever brand bike, including a Scapel, you want. Or do a build.
The non RC Scott Spark 900 bikes are slacker with more reach and say they will take a 2.6 tire. 120mm fork for more trail orientation. 30mm inner rim wheels would be a minimum choice for me. Nino and Kate use those.

But here's some more discussion-
https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/blur-tr-yeti-sb100-1102349.html

Depends on how you'll use the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.