Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is getting destroyed by the cables rubbing the frame, when I ride and also when it is on my bike rack. Are their any products out there that will help prevent the paint from getting rubbed off?

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
Its a bike scratches add character.

But if you wanna keep it nice looking then the cheap fixes would be:

Tape under the cables (or run full cable housing if your bikes setup allows this).

On your down tube take an old tire and cut a section out (about as long as the down tube) and zip tie it so the tread is facing the front tire this protects the paint from rocks flying into the frame from the front tire

On your chainstay take an old bike tube and cut it to the length of the chain stay and ziptie it there to protect it from your chain slapping into your frame.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am using the 3M brand of protective film similar to the Trimbrite that wicke mentioned. I put a two inch strip down the front main tube, so around the headtube to prevent cable wear, and I also used it on both sides of rear chain stays.

I also ordered some neoprene so that I can make a lizardskin type of wrap on my rear swingarm that will fit better than the LZ brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.