1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
err on the thicker side for the downtube. I've used 3 and 5 mil on my road and mountain bikes to prevent cable rub damage and to protect my carbon cranks from scratches my shoes make. never had any issues with those sizes. I get it from xpel and pay by the foot as well.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I use it all over on one of my mountain frames to protect the paint. I get it from a local window tint place by the foot. Its worked really well for me also makes it easy to clean the frame just wipe it off and don't wary about scratching the paint.

·
DFMBA.org
1,935 Posts
I purchased some black plastic/rubber floor matting from Home Depot, cut it down, and zip tied it to my frame near the bottom bracket. The stuff is really durable but I did have a rock puncture it and even go through the underlying helicopter tape that Specialized put on in the factory. That said, I would not recommend the thin clear stuff as your only barrier to your carbon frame. If you wanna fork out the cash get the Carbon Armor from Trek.

Sent from the trails.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's already a carbon protection on the down tube near the bottom bracket so I've finally ordered 12mil crankskin for the rest of it. Really fast shipping and no custom problem… Some delay with the bike though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.