Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend any shops?

I've got my Yo stripped bare.....and that's led me to thoughts of a repaint. I'd prefer local, but all the usual suspects seem to be southerly or out west. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Word. I've been thinking about the powder-coat route too. I'll send an inquiry their way--thanks!

If anyone has any other leads I'd love to hear them! You'd think there would be someone good in or around the New York<--> Boston area.

Edit--
MDP---Great! Thanks for those links!

·
the original
75 Posts
another vote for Hottubes....

Back in my shop days we sent several customers over to them for custom paint, and if you want to reproduce one of the classic Fat fades, I have seen a couple of frame repairs come out of their shop looking as good if not better than the factory paint they went in with. They can be a bit pricy though...

·
bonked
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice read. I hadn't checked the Groovy blog in a bit.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quasi-related question. One one of the VRC threads there is a bike with a yellow to red to black three color paint job that looks awesome---yellow front/top, then red, then black low and in back. I just can't find it. For some reason I was thinking it was a Steve Potts. Anyone remember?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is super close, but I don't think it was a Fisher.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hubcap Cycles

Nate, Rody steered me towards Hubcap Cycles in PA for Yo resto work. I've communicated with John and checked out his blog. He's doing some FC resto's as we speak...

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Word, thanks for the last two suggestions! I will check them out.

So far I am leaning toward Providence since they are bicycle anarchists and I'll be driving through next week. Hard to beat that combination :)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not to worry, their pricing seems in line with capitalism.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yo-Nate-y said:
Quasi-related question. One one of the VRC threads there is a bike with a yellow to red to black three color paint job that looks awesome---yellow front/top, then red, then black low and in back. I just can't find it. For some reason I was thinking it was a Steve Potts. Anyone remember?
Awesome! It surfaced in the old Marin photos thread. It was a Ross team bike :)
I guess the yellow on the stem cancelled out the black on the fork ends in my memory. But I was pretty close!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts