Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question... wondering what the difference in frame geometry between the Specialized Hardrock and the Haro Escape would do to your ride, particularly in your climb. Was also wondering if anyone had an estimate on the weight difference between the two bikes with stock componentry. Even an educated guess would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
mattbryant2 said:
Quick question... wondering what the difference in frame geometry between the Specialized Hardrock and the Haro Escape would do to your ride, particularly in your climb. Was also wondering if anyone had an estimate on the weight difference between the two bikes with stock componentry. Even an educated guess would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
all i can say is that my best friend has got an escape 8.3 and that thing has a beefy frame. Its designed to take some hits for a hardtail. I'd imagine that the hardrock would be better for climbing. But if u wanna do some DH/ park riding/ Dirt jump id go with the escape.

are u thinkin about the escape 8.3?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ilikepinkbikes said:
all i can say is that my best friend has got an escape 8.3 and that thing has a beefy frame. Its designed to take some hits for a hardtail. I'd imagine that the hardrock would be better for climbing. But if u wanna do some DH/ park riding/ Dirt jump id go with the escape.

are u thinkin about the escape 8.3?
Yeah... I've realized that my riding style needs some more front suspension than the Hardrock can offer or acomodate, but I really don't want to lose any climbing ability. But it's hard to find anything with similar geometry with anything over 100mm, and I'm looking for probably 130.

·
Registered
643 Posts
mattbryant2 said:
Yeah... I've realized that my riding style needs some more front suspension than the Hardrock can offer or acomodate, but I really don't want to lose any climbing ability. But it's hard to find anything with similar geometry with anything over 100mm, and I'm looking for probably 130.
the escape can handle 130 easy, but like i said, the frame is fairly heavy, intented for freeriding moreso than x-country. I'm not to familiar with many xc bikes that i could refer you too, but in my opinion the escape can climb and over all, i think its more capable of doin whatever you want to. Its a very versatile bike in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
that haro should do fine. i have ridden both bikes and i think the hardrock will pop more in the front than the haro. I can't really compare the bikes cause te haro i rode was XS, but it is a great bike, i'd much rather get the 8.2 than the hardrock sport and i might get an 8.2 later in the year with a Pike in the front. what do you think of an 8.2 with a pike in the front?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.