Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enforcer
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
Recently I have gotten the urge to build a bike! I have spent a while lurking on this forum and have begun to understand most of the terms but i still do not understand this bb and dropout facing thing. What is it and how do you do it? Also what equipment do you need to carry out such a procedure?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Gabe.....
1,182 Posts
Most bike shops can help you with this facing process after you build your first frame. The tooling for this is not cheap ($800+) and you generaly only need it once per frame. The terms refer to making sure the surface of the BB and HT are "parallel" to each other respectively. As far as the DO is concerened, I am not familiar with any sort of post build facing needs. Good luck with you first build.........

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
The boss at a LBS also explained to me that the inner edge of a head tube can have a too sharp corner. It is almost impossible to produce the matching surface on the headset with a really sharp corner. So a slight radius on the head tube prevents the headset part from sitting just on the sharp edge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.