Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been riding an 06' Furio F6 hardtail for a couple years now. I had a brief stint with a caffeine 3 29er but ended up selling it. Since then I have started building up the F6 because its a really nice frame. I put a new brake set and a lefty on it. It looks and feels really good but I swear that 29er caffeine frame was so much lighter. Am I crazy? Can anybody tell me if there is any significant weight difference between these frames the caffeine and the older F6 frame I own? Ive got a nice component set up and it wouldn't set me too far back to pick up a caffeine frame if its worth it. Thanks for your time!

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
My 2006 F600 Furio size L frame weighed almost four pounds(3.98lbs/1805g). A friend's 2008 29er Caffeine, size L only weighed 3.19lbs/1447g. However, the stout Furio frame with the Dual Assault seatstays are much more beefier, than the Caffeine's. This added weight and strength makes the Furio almost a great All-Mountain, (very light) Freeride bike. Try hucking in a Caffeine- and you will end up requesting a Cannondale warranty replacement, in no time.The Caffeine is made to be an XC bike. So is the Furio- but it can be durable for AM duty as well. I loved my Furio F600. But I am a weight weenie at heart, and went with the smooth and very light F2000SL Optimo- Cannondale's finest aluminum frame. At 3.30lbs/1496g, in size M- the F2000 has unbelievable ground feel, thanks to the ultra-thin seatstays. They allow just the perfect amount of flex, without feeling tooth-jarring stiff. If you can try riding the F1000/F2000/F4000 Optimo series, you will be amazed....

·
Registered
130 Posts
So let me get this straight the F1-F3 frames are not as strong as the non-US built F series frames?

·
BDB
76 Posts
The F600 is a Handmade in the US frame, in 07 C-dale changed the "F" series and added the Caffeine name. The F3 basically replaced the F600, same exact level of bike just with a slight change in components and a frame change. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.