Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Hahaha. its never cheaper to buy the bike seperately from the frame. Unless you can get the parts at wholesale.

I have done this method with both my bullit and superlight and it always comes out more expensive in the end. Plus there is the time comitment that you do for researching for parts.

The only benefit to doing it this way, is that you get exactly what you want. You create the bike the way you want it. You make it ride the way you think it will ride the best. If that is worth the extra dough to you, then its worth it. It was for me.

About the warrenty, s.c will still offer you a warrenty on the frame regardless of what you do, unless of course you use too long of a fork, then you have a problem, but otherwise the warrenty will still apply.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
drumbum said:
I'm looking at getting a Blur, and I was just gonna buy the full bike with the components kit, but would it be cheaper + more efficient to buy the components and frame seperately? How does it affect the warranty?
I ususally recomend against the SC component packages. Most people want to substitute item in anyway. A good LBS should be able to save you money on some parts so you can upgrade where they will best be served. And the cost usually ends up just about the same.

mtnbikej

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SC stock components suck. I love my bullit totally custom. I have all the components exactly how I want them except I want to get a e.13 chainguide on there too. Otherwise its the best bullit I could imagine.

If you're looking to buy a complete bike but you want it custom you should check out www.speedgoat.com. They have all santa cruz frames and you can build your bike any way you want just click on the "Mad Scientist Bike Lab" (its on the top right of the page). They add discounts for things when you buy more and their service is the tops.
Of course why het a Blur when you can get a Nomad, a Bullit, or a VP-Free? J/K, thats just my style.

Always shop around but I really like SpeedGoat, free shipping in US and no sales tax if you don't live in PA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.