Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Class Clown
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some options to cover parts of a frame like logos and in general make a bike look nondescript. Let's say the bike doesn't have bling to begin with.

In particular options should be cheap and removable without damage to the frame.

I was thinking stickers but they could be a pain to remove or maybe some sort of wrap.

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Just get a giant lock that discourages theft from the get-go. Bonus is that it's easily removable as long as you have the key.

It's like running from a bear, where you only have to run faster than your buddy, not necessarily the bear. As long as the bike next to yours is easier to steal, you shouldn't have too many problems.

·
GONE
27,419 Posts
If a thief wants it bad enough NOTHING is going to stop them if they have the opportunity to strike. All we can really do is lock it up as means of "theft deterrent". There are GPS tracking services out there (I read this somewhere but I do not know the details) and you can insure it, too.

·
Class Clown
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes no doubt which is why I just bought a Craigslist bike. The frame is more beat up looking than I thought so it's probably good as is. I doubt any thief would bother with it. My main steed only leaves the house for riding and is never left on its lonesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.