Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 GT Avalanche 1.0 with an extra small frame sitting in my garage. I decided I wanted to use the parts from the bike to build up a bike. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 'value' frame for an XC build up? I have spent the past month on ebay bidding on various hard tail and full suspension frames, but the final price jumps up really quick during the last 5 minutes of bidding. I'm looking to spend no more than $300 for the frame.

·
The Real Blade
145 Posts
GT Hardtail

Hey.That frame is cool. I have one in my family.I just did some upgrades.Like LX cranks and deraillers.The frame is worth 300 bucks worth of XTR or whatever you can find.Ebay is good but it takes hours of geeking up to find the hot deals.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No kidding. I've put up several bids, only to lose out at the last moment. In one instance the bidding ended at 1 a.m. my time. Needless to say I wasn't going to stay up to watch the seller attempt to jack up the price.

·
Hail Satin!
248 Posts

·
Hail Satin!
248 Posts
Yes Bill the Cat does rock an amazing amount of face. From being the lead tongue player in Death Tongue, to being a televangiouls or dating Jean Kirkpatrick.
But that is a bad pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.