Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a frame bag that will fit on a carbon Beargrease? Those massive tubes require quite a lot longer velcro strap and everything I've seen won't work. Might have to go the custom route.

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
Velcro straps are pretty easy to extend. No sewing required. Like this:

______ _____
. _______ ______

You need one section of hook, one section of loop. Overlap them so a little is sticking out on each end and use them to bridge the gap.

·
*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
854 Posts
Does anyone make a frame bag that will fit on a carbon Beargrease? Those massive tubes require quite a lot longer velcro strap and everything I've seen won't work. Might have to go the custom route.
Your best fit and cheapest route would be the Salsa Frame Bag.
Made by Revelate Designs in the USA.
I have one on my carbon beargrease and just got one for my wife's small carbon x9 as well.
I can confirm that the fit is spot on for both the small and medium carbon frames.

Sizing chart below.

·
Registered
15,014 Posts
Velcro straps are pretty easy to extend. No sewing required. Like this:

______ _____
. _______ ______

You need one section of hook, one section of loop. Overlap them so a little is sticking out on each end and use them to bridge the gap.
+1 - if the bag fits your frame triangle getting the velcro to meet is a $8 problem/10 min problem and that includes the cost and time of a beer. ;)

·
*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
854 Posts
Just to add to the above post that Salsa now lists a 2014 frame bag that fits a 2014 Mukluk and Beargrease and a 2013 and earlier frame bag that fits earlier Mukluks.
Looks like the sizing chart I posted with Bag 1, Bag 2 etc... is still current and accurate for 2014 models and Salsa has just added other bags for the earlier model frames.

I've updated my original post to show an actual BAG 2 that is the model I have on my Medium Carbon Beargrease.

If you want some pics of the bike with the bag installed let me know.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help! The Salsa bag fills the entire front triangle & that's not what I'm looking for. Going to have to go the custom route. Those huge frame tubes make it a challenge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.