Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've been contemplating a 29er Hardtail frame with a 73 degree ST angle and a 71.5 degree HT angle.

I'm curious to know what impact/changes might occur to the frame if I were to pair it up with my older, but very nice, White Brothers CX1 suspension fork. This is the 68mm White Brothers fork - perhaps one of the early generation 29er forks.

Does anyone know if the CX1 had a different rake and/or offset than newer White Brothers forks or Rebas? And if so, what are those numbers and how might it impact the handling of a frame with the aforementioned angles? Would it quicken things up a bit by making the HT angle a little steeper? Or would it actually slow things down due to a different offset than what is currently used??

Perhaps some of you CX1 owners or previous owners can chime in here.

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
47 Posts
MMcG said:
Okay I've been contemplating a 29er Hardtail frame with a 73 degree ST angle and a 71.5 degree HT angle.

I'm curious to know what impact/changes might occur to the frame if I were to pair it up with my older, but very nice, White Brothers CX1 suspension fork. This is the 68mm White Brothers fork - perhaps one of the early generation 29er forks.

Does anyone know if the CX1 had a different rake and/or offset than newer White Brothers forks or Rebas? And if so, what are those numbers and how might it impact the handling of a frame with the aforementioned angles? Would it quicken things up a bit by making the HT angle a little steeper? Or would it actually slow things down due to a different offset than what is currently used??

Perhaps some of you CX1 owners or previous owners can chime in here.

Thanks!

Mark
We have to know what the atc is for the fork the frame was designed for. Kinda hard to predict handling traits otherwise.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say the frame was designed around an 80mm fork - either a Reba or White Brothers.

Frame in question is an Astrix Rook by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.