Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have a Cube Stereo 140 2018 (non standard parts) with a 92mm BB shell width (kinda wide for the type of bike).
The left crank arm fell off, and it looked like there's not enough crank spindle sticking out for it to grip, my local bike shop agreed and suggested an 83mm compatible crankset (but couldn't find any in stock).
Any suggestions on what would work are much appreciated!?
I can't find any Shimano 12 speed cranks that are designed for anything other than 68/73mm widths. I'd be up for converting to SRAM etc if that works.
So in summary looking for a 12 speed crank that will work with a 92mm BB width, and pressfit bearings. Thanks!
---
Current crankset: FC MT-6100
Current BB: Saint press fit (SM BB71-41A)
Chainline: 52mm boost (I think)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any Shimano boost crank for a 68/73 bb should fit.
Thanks @crank1979 , but they (or the MT-6100 anyway) just doesn't seem to in practice. I found this picture on another thread. Same problem - the spindle just doesnt seem to come out far enough, only the inner crank bolt really grips anything, the outer bolt is just tightening the crank onto thin air. Doesn't seem correct?

· Registered
1,982 Posts
Thanks @crank1979 , but they (or the MT-6100 anyway) just doesn't seem to in practice. I found this picture on another thread. Same problem - the spindle just doesnt seem to come out far enough, only the inner crank bolt really grips anything, the outer bolt is just tightening the crank onto thin air. Doesn't seem correct?
Is there a spacer between the bb and frame or cranks and bb?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.