Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's yet one more Dual MCE setup.
After being disappointed with my other smaller setup using the square Ledils I decided to try and do a light using a set of Fraen MR11 sized reflectors.
So I'm posting this thread because there seemed to be quite a few guys building similar lights, just wanted to show the difference between lenses.
I found out that using 2 narrow was like looking down a tunnel so I went and reordered a set of Mediums from Cutter a few weeks ago.I got the Frosted ones-no polished on their website.
I used yet another Hammond case-1455K1201.Using a Maxflex running at 1200ma on high. 6600mah Li-ion 11.1v battery. Cateye mounts.
Heatsink on top of unit is bolted to LED backer,3/16" AL angle.Running the 370lm Neutral WT MCE's from LED Supply. Running 2s2p each LED is running 600ma on high.
I'm not happy with the size of the unit (time for a quad XPG?) but the light it throws out is great
Pictures Below...

2 Narrow Lenses

Medium and narrow

Longer shot-tree is 80ft away

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Does look good with the mixed reflectors. :thumbsup:

I am going to have to order a medium for my dual MC-E now. Of course you can't just order one item from Cutter, you gotta order lots of stuff to justify the shipping charge. Then that means more lights. That means more mistakes or incorrect choices and the need to re-order more stuff.......

·
Registered
596 Posts
Man, playing with these lights is worse than having a fast computer. By the time I understand it, it's obsolete. I haven't ridden with the 2 narrow Freans yet. But I do like the tight pattern. I also have some medium Freans on the way along with all those "extra" parts. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.