Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was riding on Sunday I noticed what I can only descibe as a floating sensation when I placed a great deal of force on the pedals. It seemed as if the saddle dipped and floated to the right. When I returne home I cleaned the bike and checked the frame and it looked fine. I decided to give the bike a closer inspection when I returned home today. I notice a thin line of missing paint on one of the chain stays, I starts about an inch from the seat tube and extends about four inches. I can catch my finger nail along the line, but this could be a scratch. When I examine it closely with a magnifying glass I see some very small squiggles in the surface of the aluminum that I think may be stress marks. I'd post a pic but I'd need a macro set-up to get a good enough image. Does anyone have any experience with someting like this. The only cracked frames that I've ever seen have been unquestionably cracked. The frame is five years old and probably has 15k of hard miles. I'm no huckster, but I don't shy away from a five foot drop either. Any thoughts would be appreciated.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.