Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I was between a '11 Sx 2 and the FR10. Went with the Voltage for price, spec and what i had researched. I use it mainly for Dh and so far i really enjoy it. There is a 400 page thread on Pink bike about the bike. I have never heard anyone complain about the quality of the bike, in fact quite the opposite. SX is a super nice bike but didn't feel it was worth the $$ (to me), plus i got the Scott for $1000 less than the SX 2 which was the deciding factor.

·
Come at me bro.
300 Posts
i vote sx-trail. my bud picked up a sx-t like 4 months ago. awesome bike. though it can be a little porky. intense ss is a nice bike, but less intense dealers around, and many posts of shotty customer service would have me choosing a diff option.

i own a voltage. boxxer, elka, x9 components. all nice stuff. its a nice bike and versatile...but the rear end is flexxy. im 160-165lb. im not really a 'hack', but i dont ride smooth either.. you can feel the tire rub the rear triangle at times.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I`m affraid that scott voltage Fr is like a freestyle kids bike..
wow, really? no.
maybe you were looking at the voltage yz.

btw i ride a '10 voltage fr and my bud rides a '11 sxt. both sick bikes. if anything, with the sxt being a bit lighter and less-slack (i could be wrong, but it feels that way), it's more of a 'park' bike, if only by a little. the fr can be set up many different ways but i guess you could say it can lean a little more in the DH direction, if needed. either way you wont be disappointed but sit on and pedal both first cuz they feel a lot different.
as far as durability, both are bomber and i haven't heard of any breakage issues with either.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
2 out of thousands.... every bike has its examples of broken frames. I have seen several broken top tubes from Intense and broken head tubes of SXs...... I am 230lbs and ride my bike hard and have had no issues.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had trek session7, banshee scythe, than felt redemption (it was a mistake). Now I want to buy frame which would give me a lot of fun from ride..
I don`t want to make any step backward. I need better frame than my previous. ;)
Scott would be fine ?:)
PS. I`ve got brand new fox dhx 5.0 air and totem coil mission control dh 2010 fork and i can put them to the voltage frame ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
are you planning on buying new or used? either way, price and selection/availability may be factors.
again, sitting on the individual bikes is a big plus.
err, wait, are you just looking to buy the bare frame? i guess it would be inpossible to sit on one in that case.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would buy complete bike, put all my parts and sell those new from the scott bike. I don`t know what size ould be fine ? There are two sizes, S-short and L-Long, yea ?
I`m 184cm tall and I`m going to use frame for FR and SS. I should buy S or L one ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.