Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2010 Glory custom FR
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I think I will have Fox40 RC2 on my next bike, but there'a one thing I need to know. The fork has 203mm travel, but the distance from the o-rings to the lower clamp is about 230mm (if I measured it properly).
What is it for? Can I change geometry by lowering clamps?

I also have another question - does it make sense to change Fox40 RC2 to RS WC 2006?
RS is ligther (about 300g), can be tuned in the middle of nowhere with shock pump, is cheaper.
Fox is most probably stiffer, has Ti spring (probably too stiff for me), looks great, will come with my new Giant Glory bike.

thanx for advices

·
2010 Glory custom FR
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
frango said:
hello,
I think I will have Fox40 RC2 on my next bike, but there'a one thing I need to know. The fork has 203mm travel, but the distance from the o-rings to the lower clamp is about 230mm (if I measured it properly).
What is it for? Can I change geometry by lowering clamps?

I also have another question - does it make sense to change Fox40 RC2 to RS WC 2006?
RS is ligther (about 300g), can be tuned in the middle of nowhere with shock pump, is cheaper.
Fox is most probably stiffer, has Ti spring (probably too stiff for me), looks great, will come with my new Giant Glory bike.

thanx for advices
nobody? :|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.