Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
dude both are good choices but...
if you want to put a fork on you8r bike that is sooooooooooooooooooo much more fly than either of those just put on the dt swiss
it will make a bike that is pimp soooooooooooo fly

if you are set on eiyther of the other two
i have 2 of the foxes an the lockout broke on both
i dont know about any issues with the reba
cheers

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
race bike as in XC race? how much do you weigh? Both forks are fine...i just put a supposed POS 2008 Reba on a bike and I have no worries about it as I am only 175 lbs and its for XC duty. Unless you are a typical 29er phat azz and/or plan to truly do more than XC duty it dont matter none. The poploc is a sweet feature IMHO if you like to stand as well. Of course the 2009 Reba makes this less of a debate but even 2008s are fine for XC duty as far as i am concerned

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,369 Posts
I have an '07 Reba that is perfectly well suited for XC riding. Granted, that's with a stiff wheel (I9) and axle (DT RWS). The damping is sufficient and can be improved with a little PUSH love. As of today, I have Reba Team 120 with the 20mm axle on the way. Can't wait to compare the two.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Both are fantastic forks, but might I suggest you roll on over to JensonUSA and pcik up one of the last manitou Minute 100s with TA for $268. It'll save you a ton of cash which you can then spend on other components and it'll be super stiff.

sloppy second said:
Building a Redline D660 race bike next season am pretty confused on which fork to purchase the reba race or team or the fox f 29 100. Please help me finish my bike.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
I was dead set on swapping my Reba SL on my stumpjumper out for a fox, i have just always been a fox shox guy, but i have to say i love the Reba, i weigh in at 175lbs and its i just a great fork, i actually wish my superfly came with reba instead of the fox, if it wasent a G2 fork, i would have a Reba on it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Unless you are a typical 29er phat azz and/or plan to truly do more than XC duty it dont matter none.
:lol: :smilewinkgrin:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. However; I'm 6'2" 165Ibs so the stereotype doesn't always ring true. Heck if I were over 200Ibs a 26 inch wheeled bike just wouldn't make sense.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2 F29's and no problems here. an 80 and a 100. never had an issue with the lockout either. I also have the DT 9mm Thru Bolt on both wheelsets so that might also add stability to the setup. Can't argue with a Fox ride.

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
Wtf?????

FoShizzle said:
race bike as in XC race? how much do you weigh? Both forks are fine...i just put a supposed POS 2008 Reba on a bike and I have no worries about it as I am only 175 lbs and its for XC duty. Unless you are a typical 29er phat azz and/or plan to truly do more than XC duty it dont matter none. The poploc is a sweet feature IMHO if you like to stand as well. Of course the 2009 Reba makes this less of a debate but even 2008s are fine for XC duty as far as i am concerned
i just put a supposed POS 2008 Reba on a bike and I have no worries\

Did you just bonk your head or hitting the eggnog early.:p

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just recently changed from an 08 Manitou Minute 29 to a Fox F29RLC , wow what a difference. The Fox soaks up the trail like its nothing, plants in the corners , and softens landings.. I ride SS and this fork has very little bob.. I have ridden Reba on other bikes though a nice fork I still prefer the Fox.. Advantage on a reba 29 I guess would be the remote lock out..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.