Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have a couple rides on this new X2 (230x57.5) and I'm pretty sure air isn't getting into the negative chamber. When I air it up and cycle it every 50 psi I'm not hearing air transfer and the pressure isn't dropping after cycling it. I'm also getting a thud at top out. Sometimes I can bounce really hard to bottom out and the hard top out will go away but obviously something is still wrong.

So am I right that air isn't transferring to the negative chamber? If so, do I need to take it back to my LBS or is it an easy fix?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would try releasing 100% of the air in the + chamber first, then install shock pump and compress the shock to at least the normal equalization point. If its equalizing to the neg chamber, you should get a burst in psi.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Scratch that, I'm wrong. Just tried it on my X2. It sucks down to the equalization point and dumps the neg chamber also. I had a Monarch a while back that was acting like your X2 and that's how I was able to check it. With the Monarch, the air sleeve orientation was causing the problem. Not helpful for X2. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.