Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2003 Fox Vanilla 125 to replace my 02' Z1 Freeride. It came w/ a green and yellow set of springs. I installed the green per Fox's recomendation (175-200# rider - I weigh 185#) I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but the spring rate seems a lot stiffer than my Z1. I have X heavy green springs in my Z1. The Fox is much harder to compress. Am I just used to the cushy Z1 springs? Anyone have a stock blue Fox spring laying around? Thanx

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
i weigh the same and went up to the orange spring. the stock spings felt way too soft (well, maybe not way too soft, but i wanted a super stiff fork). sure the oil and such is correct? if so, i'll see if i can find my blue spring.

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Inbred said:
i weigh the same and went up to the orange spring. the stock spings felt way too soft (well, maybe not way too soft, but i wanted a super stiff fork). sure the oil and such is correct? if so, i'll see if i can find my blue spring.
Oil should be fine. It was just serviced by Fox. The Orange spring is listed for the 80/ 100mm forks. I'd like to try a blue for comparison @ this point. Thanx

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
I'll trade you a blue (std on 125's) for your green. You can try it out first and see if it meets your needs, Its way too soft for me at 125mm and the spring has never been on the trail. I'm on the cuff (205 riding weight) running a yellow at 125 and can only get 4" of throw even on hard front wheel first landings. I like it super stiff but would not mind a bit more supply spring like the green for trail rides. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
9,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brown Teeth...

Brown_Teeth said:
I'll trade you a blue (std on 125's) for your green. You can try it out first and see if it meets your needs, Its way too soft for me at 125mm and the spring has never been on the trail. I'm on the cuff (205 riding weight) running a yellow at 125 and can only get 4" of throw even on hard front wheel first landings. I like it super stiff but would not mind a bit more supply spring like the green for trail rides. PM me if interested.
My PM insn't active. E-mail me @ [email protected] . Thanx

·
Your bike sucks
2,055 Posts
Since we are talking about trading springs

keen said:
Oil should be fine. It was just serviced by Fox. The Orange spring is listed for the 80/ 100mm forks. I'd like to try a blue for comparison @ this point. Thanx
I have a Green that I would like to trade for a Yellow or maybe an Orange. PM here if anyone is interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts