Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I should be receiving my Vanilla RC anyday now and had a couple of questions for you Fox/Push veterans:

1) Where can I pick up all the hardware (reducers bushings, ect.) necessary to mount this sucker? Will the stuff off of my Romic work?

2) Is there any value in putting some miles on this shock before sending it off to Push?

3) Is the setup/dail-in with Darren a pretty straight forward thing? Any special tweaks you'd suggest I ask for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I've left anything out chime in.

Thanks,
Crash

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
1) Yes, Romic and Fox use the same size hardware.

2) Yes, ride the Fox a few days to appreciate how ancient the technology is before upgrading it to the 21st Century.

3) No idea, but I gather that Darren is going to have a better idea what you need than you do after you fill in all the vitals on the order form. The one thing you could suggest to him is name the shock that you like best (Propedal/SPV/Carnutt/IFP) so he knows what "style" of platform behavior you prefer. Just an idea...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
CrashTheDOG said:
I should be receiving my Vanilla RC anyday now and had a couple of questions for you Fox/Push veterans:

1) Where can I pick up all the hardware (reducers bushings, ect.) necessary to mount this sucker? Will the stuff off of my Romic work?

2) Is there any value in putting some miles on this shock before sending it off to Push?

3) Is the setup/dail-in with Darren a pretty straight forward thing? Any special tweaks you'd suggest I ask for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I've left anything out chime in.

Thanks,
Crash
1) any shock you get should have the bushings in it - so all you should need are the shock mount bolts that came with the bike

2) I doubt it - It's gonna get rebuilt anyway - I'd just send it

3) Darren has you fill out all the info he needs, which service are you getting? I haven't had to play with my shocks from Push really at all - they've been great straight from Push

you'll love the Push-ed Fox...

·
Registered
611 Posts
You might also mention to Darren how you have your Romic setup. For example, I run the Blue Knob full open on the Romic and the traction on slow technical climbs is very good. I almost think I have too much platform built into my Push'd Vanilla RC. With its blue knob full open there is a noticeable platform and traction on very steep rocky climbs is not quite as good as the Romic. However, I still need more time comparing the two.

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
That's interesting. With the blue knob full open on my RC, there is hardly any platform and with the blue knob at 4-5 clicks in from full open, there is a perfect compromise between platform, lack of wallow, and bump absorption in rough sections. I'm curious, which style of riding did you enter when you submitted your form? I chose 'Trail Riding', and I've been really happy with the amount of platform.

-Ryan

Dave in Driggs said:
You might also mention to Darren how you have your Romic setup. For example, I run the Blue Knob full open on the Romic and the traction on slow technical climbs is very good. I almost think I have too much platform built into my Push'd Vanilla RC. With its blue knob full open there is a noticeable platform and traction on very steep rocky climbs is not quite as good as the Romic. However, I still need more time comparing the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts