Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
wait a minute....
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to send it to fox for service? Is there another place to have it fixed? I cant make their website work.And I have heard that it is only serviced by the factory. Is that true? Thanks for any help. :confused:

·
wait a minute....
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

MarzocchiFork said:
http://pushindustries.com/

Dont just go for a rebuild, go for the factory fork system service. Everyone here will recommend this to you.
They will send me a Quote within 24 hours.

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
SIGMA said:
Do I have to send it to fox for service? Is there another place to have it fixed? I cant make their website work.And I have heard that it is only serviced by the factory. Is that true? Thanks for any help. :confused:
If all you want is a new set of seals, then get a set of Enduro seals from Chris and install them yourself. Before doing so, download the instructions from the Enduro site, make sure you've got all the necessary tools (26mm socket is hard to find) and replacement fluids. The stock Fox seals are terrible = Exxon Valdez. I wouldn't bother spending the money (and down-time) to have Fox replace the crap stock seals with another set of crap seals.

Last season, I gutted my F80X and F100X to replace the stock seals (which were leaking badly) and replaced them with a set of Enduros....now, clean!

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you are happy with the way the fork is performing and you don't want to spend the bucks just pick up some enduro seal and some oil like others said and do it yourself.

If you got the dollars or there is play in your bushings, get it pushed.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
Just went through it this week, enduro seals are fine more than likely the fox seals just need to be cleaned and will be OK. The enduro instructions are OK but not perfect, like steps 1 and 10 needs some help, otherwise the enduro seals seem like 22$ well spent. But I would also get new crush washers, mine were a beech to get off and not reusable.

·
wait a minute....
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
enduro seals

Brown_Teeth said:
Just went through it this week, enduro seals are fine more than likely the fox seals just need to be cleaned and will be OK. The enduro instructions are OK but not perfect, like steps 1 and 10 needs some help, otherwise the enduro seals seem like 22$ well spent. But I would also get new crush washers, mine were a beech to get off and not reusable.
I ordered them and the crush washers yesterday.I didnt know that leaky seals could be cleaned.I thought that if they leaked they were shot.I like the feel of the fork as it is so I didnt have it pushed. And the seals are $100 cheaper.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
I'm happy with the enduro seals, here were my suggestions to installation improvements, Chris to his credit was all ears. Tomorrow going after a '05 Talus...
I installed the seals on my vanilla '03. They are working fine but have
two suggestions to add to your installation instructions to improve your
customers installation experience.

Part 1 you need to suggest people put a tube/pipe (1 1/8 ID) over the
stearer that is longer than the top of the strearer cause as you have it
now the hook from the tie down will force the star nut down the stearer
or possibly even damage/tweak it. Naturally you have it being done on a
new fork. But with any used fork the star nut will be forced down as you
crank the straps down to compress the forks.

Part 10 where one is loosening the bottom nuts on the shafts make sure
you tell them to make it loose enough to take off by hand or just take
them off all together. After breaking the shaft loose I got the spinning
rod problem and had to recompres the fork to get those nuts off. Seems
the compression washers were on there good and deformed so I would
suggest you let people know the crush washer is a recommended
replacement. You might just want to add it to the seal kit and get 25$
for the set.

Even after freezing the wippers I still had to use the PVC pipe trick
which worked great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.