Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my RP3 to Fox last week and they should have received it Thursday. The Fox guy told me they would have it 4-5 days then 3 day shipping back to me. I remember reading on here where some say that it takes 1 month or more. Does this depend on the time of year or will I be without my shock until sometime next year?

·
enjoying the kool-aid
779 Posts
when I sent my Vanilla is for a warranty repair it took about 5 weeks.

My lbs was told it would take about 7-10 days upfront. Then when they asked why it took 5 weeks when we were told 10 days, the guys was like "Who told you that?... We never get them done that fast."

Good luck to ya!

at some point it will be better to send it to PUSH and pay for their upgrade and have it back in a week than be out of a shock/fork for over 4 weeks.

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chewieez said:
when I sent my Vanilla is for a warranty repair it took about 5 weeks.

My lbs was told it would take about 7-10 days upfront. Then when they asked why it took 5 weeks when we were told 10 days, the guys was like "Who told you that?... We never get them done that fast."

Good luck to ya!

at some point it will be better to send it to PUSH and pay for their upgrade and have it back in a week than be out of a shock/fork for over 4 weeks.
Thanks for the info. I got the name of the guy I talked to, so at least I will have someone to point at when they say "who told you it would take 4-5 days". I am sure they will say "we don't have a jason", or "we have several jasons, could've been any of them".

I would have sent it to PUSH, but I am just not sure I like the RP3 at all . Everyone says even stock it is really good, and it felt like I always had the Propedal set at firm no matter the lever position. So I hated to spend so much money on a shock that I may not even keep....but 4 weeks sure is a long time.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
2 weeks back, last i checked, i was told "5 days on the bench", but in 5 days they sent parts so i could do the fix myself in the shop. acctually i cheated and took it home for the work. josh was my contact there this time and took good care of me, sendin a pdf file as well. if ya didnt know, they will ship back with the same shipping you sent it in with, meaning, pay for overnight to them and they will return overnight to you. wishin ya luck on this.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Call um...

lemmy999 said:
I sent my RP3 to Fox last week and they should have received it Thursday. The Fox guy told me they would have it 4-5 days then 3 day shipping back to me. I remember reading on here where some say that it takes 1 month or more. Does this depend on the time of year or will I be without my shock until sometime next year?
there turnarounds change depending on demand.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
9 months?

Fuel_95 said:
I had a Float rear shock that took 9 months.
That's flat out inexcusable. What reason(s) did they give for such an absurd turnaround time?

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
Call_me_Clyde said:
That's flat out inexcusable. What reason(s) did they give for such an absurd turnaround time?
The paperwork was "misplaced". At least there was no charge.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Ooooh.....OK

Fuel_95 said:
The paperwork was "misplaced". At least there was no charge.
By the same guy whose dog at his homework, I presume.

I can only imagine how livid you must have been.

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
Call_me_Clyde said:
By the same guy whose dog at his homework, I presume.

I can only imagine how livid you must have been.
I spent the whole season racing a singlespeed, it actually made me a better rider in the long run so I didn't let it get me down.

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
be350ka said:
I had to send my shock in to Fox about a month ago and I had it back in about 10 days. They were very helpful and kept to their word.
I mailed my shock on tuesday and it got there on friday. They started working on it the following Tuesday, and today (Thursday) it is in the UPS system for 3 day shipping back to me. So it will end up being about 2 weeks including shipping. Not too bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.