Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just helped a friend out and picked up a used Stumpjumper FSR Expert for him. The bike is like brand new, I believe it is an '07 model.

When I was looking at it, the seller showed me how everything worked, the three positions on the triad, and the settings for the front fork etc.... I loaded the bike onto my racks and took it to my friends place. Was about an hour ride.

When I got to my friends house to show him his new bike, everything is fine, except the blue lever on the triad seems to just spin freely around, you can slightly feel indentations, but mostly it feels like it might be slipping on the shaft.

Am I missing something here? I saw it work fine before it was loaded onto my car.

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
The lever on the Triad I had on my 07 FSR kind of flopped around when in the "locked" position, but stayed in place in the open or propedal positions. Not very tight though....very easy to move between detents.

Could the set screw that fastens the lever to the shaft be loose?

JZ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.