Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike felt weird this morning. I looked down and the shock was puking oil out of the little selector lever....

Where's the best place to take it? Rage?

·
IPA tester
1,363 Posts
Extremely easy to do a normal rebuild (seals, wiper, fox fluid) but that seal at the selector is NOT included in the kits.
More than likely you have grit packed near the o ring. If you're a handy guy you can disassemble it, clean it up, and put it back together and it should be fine. I would just a above average shop could do it for you

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the tools or time. Pulled the shock but thats about all I have time for right now.

The fact that it is puking at the pro pedal switch means it's for sure past my shop abilities....

So, does anyone have a recommendation on the best place to take it?

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Shadetree, corner of Cave Creek and Sweetwater. There may be places closer to you, but I feel confident recommending them. If nothing else, give them a call before you make the drive.

Bob

·
GONE
27,148 Posts
Extremely easy to do a normal rebuild (seals, wiper, fox fluid) but that seal at the selector is NOT included in the kits.
More than likely you have grit packed near the o ring. If you're a handy guy you can disassemble it, clean it up, and put it back together and it should be fine. I would just a above average shop could do it for you
Might as well rebuild it if you need to take it apart and it's super easy to do. Order the kit, grab a beer, and by the time the beer is finished, you're finished with the rebuild/repair.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,574 Posts
Now the epicness can begin.

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just FYI... No one in Phoenix that I have talked to can rebuild the shock since it's nitrogen charged on the dampener side. I have to send it back to Fox for the rebuild.

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any suggestions since you appear to really be against my shock that is only 6 years old.

Something that will only cost less than 200.00 since that is what i can rebuild this one for and get a few more years out of it.

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spoke to Rage and they are going to handle getting it to Fox for me. He told me they get quicker turn around due to the relationship they have. I guess Fox is notorious for slow turn around due to the volume of work they have.

·
GONE
27,148 Posts
Spoke to Rage and they are going to handle getting it to Fox for me. He told me they get quicker turn around due to the relationship they have. I guess Fox is notorious for slow turn around due to the volume of work they have.
Great work!

I once had to send a warranted new Fox fork back to Fox once and the turn around was reasonable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.