Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka Willy Vanilly
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Wondering what the biggest tire I can fit in a Fox Vanilla R (125mm travel if that matters). I'm thinking about a 2.7 Mobster. I know they run a bit smaller than some brands but I'd rather not find out later that the tire catches the crown on a big hit. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
AThe limitation si the distance between the

will8250 said:
Hi. Wondering what the biggest tire I can fit in a Fox Vanilla R (125mm travel if that matters). I'm thinking about a 2.7 Mobster. I know they run a bit smaller than some brands but I'd rather not find out later that the tire catches the crown on a big hit. Thanks!
the top of the tire and the bottom of the fork crown. I dont recall ifthe manual has this infof in it or this is something youd have to call Fox about. Sounds like its worth a toll free phone call.

·
otb club member
3,080 Posts
In case you still need it:

will8250 said:
I'm going to try and upload the page from the Fox Manual:

Attachments

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Chris2fur said:
I'm going to try and upload the page from the Fox Manual:
I think their maximums are a little on the conservative side. I've used 2.5 Mobsters and recently 2.5 Blue Grooves and have never had the tire hit the crown even doing shuttled DH runs at a local ski resort. The BG is almost a true 2.5" (2.49 at the widest point of the tread) and also has a tall casing height of 52.9mm. I don't think it would take a tire much bigger than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.