Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am plannig on buying a new hardtail. It is going to be a Van Nicholas titanium frame, which is basicly an Airbone clone. Now i need to choose a fork a I narrowed it down to two possibillity, a FOX F80X 2006 or a White Brothers Magic 80 2007.

Which one wouild be the best choise?

·
Viva Las Peli Taco
251 Posts
I have the White Brothers Magic 100 '07 model. I've only had it for a little while (about 60 miles). So far it holds air better than my tires It's weight is comprable to the fox, adjustability is like the fox (rebound, dampning and compression). The IMV does not work like the fox 'x' forks. It cannot be set, or tested, by slamming the front for into the ground. You have to ride the WB IMV to see if the IMV is set up propperly.

WB website has the owners manual on their website. I think it would be a good place to start. You can compare recomended maintenace intervals, weights, etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Magic 100 fails in the cold

I have been riding a magic 100 on my voodoo singlespeed since last Sept. and loved it untill my second snow ride when it lost almost all resistance in its travel untill it hit hard and stopped at about half travel. Back home when it warmed up it went back to normal. I asked my lbs to call WB, they reported WB told them the magnetic valve was experiencing problems in extreme cold.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
My Fox Terralogic 130mm sets up at -15 to -20 C. Goes rigid then when it warms up back to normal.

Why 2006, mine is a 2007, I read some issues with the 2006 models, (not sure if true).

Anyway took a chance on the 2007 it seems to be working out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why 2006? Because it will only cost me ab it more than half the prices of a 2007 model.

Today I ordere a bike with a Fox F80X because it was 175 euro cheaper than a WB Magic fork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.