Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride mostly XC with some endurance type stuff. I am a set it and forget it type. Would the TL be lost on me? Would the handlbar remote be better? I am going with a 100mm travel version for a ti geared hardtail.

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
cocheese said:
I ride mostly XC with some endurance type stuff. I am a set it and forget it type. Would the TL be lost on me? Would the handlbar remote be better? I am going with a 100mm travel version for a ti geared hardtail.
I would say that it sounds perfect for your needs.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Where do i find one? Fox said the terralogic replaced the remote lockout and they do not sell a retro-fit kit to fit an old fox fork. I was looking for one for my 2010 f29

fux said:
no. its still avalable.

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
Fox who?

Is your fork open bath or fit? Rl or rlc?

your basicly downgrading the fork and loose the compression tune. Its not a 5 minute job, and the kit pluss labour is pricey.

I don`t think fox would sell the kit to a layman, but a propper service senter should be able to do it, depending on the fork you have.

·
Plays with tools
4,648 Posts
I am a set it and forget type of guy and I don't care for terralogic. I think it's pretty damn cool but it isn't for me. I really don't like way it rides, you lose almost all small bump compliance unless those small bumps are preceded by a big one to open up the inertia valve.

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
Have you tried the 2011 fork?

I havn`t either but it certainly looks improved over the older versions on the vid.

Apparently, its also posible to bypass the terralogic completly when you arn`t racing or just out for a ride with your buddies.

·
Plays with tools
4,648 Posts
fux said:
Have you tried the 2011 fork?

I havn`t either but it certainly looks improved over the older versions on the vid.

Apparently, its also posible to bypass the terralogic completly when you arn`t racing or just out for a ride with your buddies.
I haven't and unless someone sticks it in front of me I won't search it out.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have about 10 hours on one so far and love it. It actually seems cushier(?) than last years RLC. I don't think this can be completely attributed to the Kashima coating. I have it set w/ the factory suggestions for Cross Country and it performed great out of the box. It does not take a big hit or air to activate the inertia valve. Hell it even soaks up road seams on the way to the trail. I am very impressed.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wish I Were Riding said:
But does it stay nice a firm if you stand and hammer?
My question exactly. I'm curious how terralogic works compared to a true lockout when standing and hammering. That's the only reason I'd buy this fork over the 2009 F29 RLC that I've been pleased with for 2 years now. Standing and hammering is the only downfall, the fork rides as well or better than when I first got it.

Another question, are there any maintenance demands with terralogic? Such as having to send it in every year to have it serviced by fox?

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I ordered the Terralogic. I'll report back after I get it. Thanks for the advice. In the end, the thought of a fork that would allow me to set it for different types of bump sensitivity wsa just too tempting to resist.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Can you space the 80mm Terralogic to 100mm?

I ask because I need a regular QR dropout. But the only F29 Terralogic forks I can find are 80mm in that option.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Partial cross-post from the suspension forum, sorry. Hoping between the thread there and this thread someone can help me out.

[Originally Posted by ktm520
FWIW, i just put a Reba XX on my SS, coming off an F29. Love the hydraulic remote, but hate the soft lockout. unlocked, its a nice fork. don't really have enough time on it yet to do a good comparison to the F29. If you're not an out of the saddle climber, you won't mind the lockout. ]

This is precisely my concern... I had an '05 vintage reba team w/pushloc, nice fork but was always annoyed I could not set it to be a true lockout. I ride ss exclusively for reference. I moved to the Fox RL, big difference/improvement in hard lockout.

Now, I'm building a 29er... the comment above confirms the same 'soft lockout' issue exists with the Reba xx and I suspect the Team as they use the same damper internals.

The RL is no longer offered in the Fox 29 lineup. Can anyone comment on how the Terralogic "hard lock out" state compares to that of a previous year's RL? THANKS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts